Deliveries must comply with Indiana University Parking Regulations. Parking at curbs, in drives, or in fire lanes is not permitted. Zoned parking spaces require display of a valid parking permit corresponding to that zone.
Campus delivery guidelines
Delivery vehicles and drivers
- Vehicles should be clearly marked with identifying information, or identifying information should be visibly posted inside the vehicle, indicating the company name and contact information.
- Delivery drivers operating on campus may be required to show a receipt, bill of sale, or other company provided documentation indicating an active delivery is in progress.
Deliveries to individuals and meal delivery services
- Deliveries should be picked up from the delivery driver at the delivery vehicle.
- Attended delivery vehicles may stage/stand in drives to meet customers.
- Delivery vehicles may not occupy parking spaces without a valid parking permit or paying meters.
- Drivers are subject to comply with requests to move as needed, including for emergency situations.
On-site deliveries: vendors / contractors / events
- Vehicles stopping curbside for delivery or loading must remain attended
- Vendor and contractor deliveries at loading docks must be coordinated with the building manager
- Extended parking for on-site delivery and/or associated services requires use of pay parking facilities or parking in a valid parking space with a valid parking permit
- Deliveries restricting access to buildings and parking facilities, or deliveries affecting traffic flow in parking lots and drives, require authorization, and arrangements must be made with IU Parking Enforcement/Operations by an IU representative
- Deliveries and services requiring the closure of parking spaces should be requested through IU Parking Operations in advance, allowing a minimum of 72 hours of notice to be posted for space closures for any approved requests
Inner-campus access for deliveries
- Delivery drivers must stop at the traffic control booth at 7th St and Forest Ave to check in with the attendant – failing to check in will result in a citation being issued
- Drivers may be required to present a bill of sale and/or other company provided documentation indicating delivery address for the active delivery
- Drivers must stop to check out at the traffic control booth as requested by the attendant - failing to check out as indicated may result in a citation being issued
- Access may be denied at any time by the university