Most permits can be purchased online. If a permit that you need does not appear as available for purchase online, please contact our office for assistance.
Purchasing a permit
Preparing to buy your permit
Before you purchase a permit, you will need to:
- Log in with your IU network username and password to purchase a permit, or to pay or appeal a citation
- Provide your vehicle license plate number in order to purchase a permit. You may add additional vehicles or remove vehicles from your account at any time
- Pay all outstanding citations
- Verify or update your vehicle information
Ordering your permit
Once you log in, you will see the permits available to you online as well as the cost of each. Payment may be made by credit card, payroll deduction, or bursar billing. Your permit and payment options are determined by your affiliation to the university.
- Go to the IU Parking Portal and log in.
- Verify your mailing address. To ensure prompt delivery of your permit, use you permanent address and not your office campus address.
- Enter your license plate number.
- Select your permit from the options listed.
- Select a payment options from those listed.
- Click the submit button.
Once your purchase is complete, a confirmation email will be sent to your IU email address. This message will include a link to a printable temporary permit that will be valid for immediate use for 14 days.
You should expect to receive your permit at the address you provided within 14 days of the date you completed the purchase.
New permits become valid on July 1. To avoid receiving a parking citation, your permit must be properly displayed beginning on that date.