Available to IU Departments to provide to their permit holding employees who perform work around campus. May only be purchased using a university account.
Allows parking in:
- EM-P, EM-S, CH, or ST spaces
- For up to 2 hours in SV spaces
- Any garage
- Driving in the restricted center of campus at Seventh Street and Forrest Avenue between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday–Friday
Terms and Conditions:
- Requests for SV permits must be approved by the department Fiscal Officer.
- Departments are eligible to purchase SV permits when employees are required to:
- Use their personal vehicles to transport equipment, supplies or other goods as a part of job responsibilities.
- Perform duties at locations other than their primary work location.
- Personal permit must be displayed along with SV permit on rearview mirror.
- SV permits may only be used when conducting duties away from the primary work location. SV permits are not intended to be used in place of a personal permit at any time.
- Vehicle must be parked legally and in accordance with all Parking Rules & Regulations. Parking in areas that may create a hazard or interferes with access to University facilities is prohibited.
- Citations are the responsibility of the registered vehicle owner.
- SV permits are issued on an annual basis and must be renewed each year.
- Requests for SV permits can be made by emailing email@example.com and should include the following information:
- Department name
- The intended distribution of the permit (shared, or individual employee)
- Name of any employee who will use the SV for their sole use
- IU account number to be billed
- Name of the fiscal officer for the billed IU account
- Proper usage of the permit in a garage requires a corresponding swipe out of the permit for every swipe into the garage.
Lost or stolen SV permits should be reported immediately to Parking Services for deactivation. Requests for replacement permits will have a $25 replacement fee billed to the original billed account number.