Hoosier Commuter Club
Be part of the Hoosier Commuter Club
Do you care about the environment and want to save money on transportation-related costs? The Hoosier Commuter Club is a program for IU Bloomington staff and faculty who agree not to purchase a campus parking permit and commit to using alternative forms of transportation.
In addition to saving money on parking costs, there are many other benefits to being a member of the Hoosier Commuter Club.
- Option to purchase up to 10 one-day permits per semester at the full rate. Carpool and vanpool members are not eligible to purchase additional permits at the full rate.
- Option to purchase up to five one-day permits at half the price of the current daily permit rate each semester (including summer). Vanpool and three-person carpool members are eligible. In a two-person carpool, only the person with the non-EM-P permit is eligible.
- Free rides on any Bloomington Transit bus or campus bus
- Free Emergency Ride Home (ERH)
- Ridematching services provided by Zimride and Commuter Connect
- Free Zipcar membership, and a monthly $9.50 driving credit.
- Opportunity to win a $50 gift card during the monthly HCC drawing.*
Eligibility for the program
You are eligible to join the Hoosier Commuter Club if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an appointed, full-time IU Bloomington employee.
- You are committed to using an alternative form of transportation (e.g., not a personal car) for a significant portion of your travel to and from campus.
- Alternative forms of transportation include stadium parking with a Employee Value (EM-V) permit and biking, walking, or utilizing public transit throughout the day and while on campus
- You hold an EM-V, Carpool, Vanpool, or opt out of all permit options (those without an permit must enroll).
- You are eligible to purchase an EM-P or EM-S parking permit, but choose to return your existing permit and not renew your permit this semester.
How to join
Joining the Hoosier Commuter Club is easy!
- Members of IU carpools and vanpools, and employees with EM-V permits are automatically enrolled.
- Full-time employees who choose to not purchase a permit, or those who only purchase a Bike permit, can sign up here.
- You can choose to be a member at any time. If you currently hold a EM-P or EM-S permit and want to return it for another option, contact email@example.com
*HCC members are eligible to win once per semester.