Hoosier Commuter Club
Be part of the Hoosier Commuter Club
Do you care about the environment and want to save money on transportation-related costs? The Hoosier Commuter Club is a program for IU Bloomington staff and faculty who agree not to purchase a campus parking permit and commit to using alternative forms of transportation.
Eligibility for the program
You are eligible to join the Hoosier Commuter Club if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an appointed, full-time IU Bloomington employee.
- You are committed to using an alternative form of transportation (e.g., not a personal car) for a significant portion of your travel to and from campus. Alternative forms of transportation include:
- Taking a campus bus
- Taking a city bus (Bloomington Transit or Rural Transit)
- You are eligible to purchase an EM-P or EM-S parking permit, but agree to return your existing permit or not renew your permit.
- You agree not to use any IU Bloomington parking permit other than a daily permit, a carpool permit, or an evening permit.
How to join
There are two simple steps to joining the Hoosier Commuter Club:
- Register online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Turn in your current parking permit (if you have one) by mail or in person.
In addition to saving money on parking costs, there are many other benefits to being a member of the Hoosier Commuter Club.
- Option to purchase up to 10 one-day permits per semester at the full rate. Carpool and vanpool members are not eligible to purchase additional permits at the full rate.
- Option to purchase up to five one-day permits at half the price of the current daily permit rate each semester (including summer). Vanpool and three-person carpool members are eligible. In a two-person carpool, only the person with the non-EM-P permit is eligible.
- Free rides on any Bloomington Transit bus or campus bus
- Free Emergency Ride Home (ERH)
- Ridematching services provided by Zimride and Commuter Connect
- $50/month subsidy for all vanpool members of Commuter Connect