Vendor & Construction Permits

Vendor and construction permits

Vendors and contractors who need to park on the IU Bloomington campus may choose to use visitor parking facilities, or purchase a Vendor or Construction permit.

Vendor and Construction permits are not available to purchase online.

a contractor measuring on the floor.
a contractor's gloved hand.
a contractor carrying a load of pipes.

Construction permits

Construction permits are only sold to employees of construction firms who have been approved by the Capital Projects Office. Contact the team lead for your project. All individuals visiting a construction site whose company or private vehicles are parked on campus are required to have a Construction permit.

Construction permits are valid September through August.

Contractors who choose not to purchase a Construction permit must use metered parking or a pay parking facility, or purchase a visitor parking permit.

Representatives of construction firms who conduct personal business with IU employees or students are not eligible for a Construction permit.

How do I purchase a Construction permit?

Construction permits may be purchased in person at the Parking Operations office in the Henderson parking garage, or by emailing Parking Operations at They are not available to purchase online.

If a permit is ordered by email, Parking Operations will send the permit via mail or campus mail, or hold it for in-person pick-up.

Permits may be purchased either in an individual's or a company's name. If you purchase a permit in your own name, you will be asked to provide your vehicle license plate number, car description, and company name and address.

A Construction permit is the same cost as the "parent" permit (EM-P, EM-S, ST, or CH). For current prices, contact Parking Operations. We accept cash, check, or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa). Employees may also request that the permit be billed to the company (and must provide authorization).

parked white trucks.

Where can I park with a Construction permit?

You can park in the zones indicated on the Construction permit you purchase. For example, if your Construction permit is issued as an EM-P permit, then it is valid in faculty/staff lots (EM-P or EM-S zones) and in the regular student lots (CH or ST zones). There is no time limit on parking these zones.

See parking locations

A Construction permit does not allow parking in the following places:

  • Yellow curbs
  • Fire drives
  • Loading zones
  • Visitor, disabled, or metered spaces (without paying)